Monday 29 September 2008
Saturday 27 September 2008
1. Stitcheywoowoo has made this flouncy bag in a taffeta purple fabric, I love the big bow.
2Shunklies hand knitted cushion is so textural using different patterns.She also sells a good selection of fine merino wool and pre felts.
3. This painting by Helen Krummenacker is painted in acrylic using the theme of musical notations.
4.I love this art nouveau inspired vase by Webbpottery.Each design is individually carved and the kiss of the flame gives every piece its own personality and makes each one truly one of a kind.
Friday 26 September 2008
Tuesday 23 September 2008
Saturday 20 September 2008
1.tinyhappy makes the most beautiful baby shoes from vintage fabrics.
2.blendastudio who's imaginative paintings are rich in colour.
3.jochris is a glass maker and this is one of her lovely pendants.
4.Ingermaaike has this warm orange hand felted merino wool scarf.
Thank you Charlotte at fancypicnic for promoting etsy sellers!
Friday 19 September 2008
Movement and stitches
Using different threads
A Stitched Art Cloth
Monday 15 September 2008
I know that these awards have been going around so I have tried to find some different blogs.
As I'm quite new to all this I do apologise if you have had this award before.
If award nominees wish to accept their awards, simply provide a link back to the person who presented the award; nominate 6 or 7 recipients and provide links for them; finally, leave a note on their blogs to tell them the good news!
The award is Kreativ blogger.
Saturday 13 September 2008
- gunnels has some lovely mixed media post cards.
- VintageNiki and her whimsical mixed media art cards
- Kukkilintu has some fantastic colourful cards
- Amyrwyatt's also has some cards originally taken from her textile work.
I think they are all beautiful.
Thanks toCharlotte from fancypicnic for organizing Shopping list Saturday.
Thursday 11 September 2008
I had a fantastic day at the NEC Knitting and Stitching show and for the first time met fellow blogger Charlotte from fancypicnic andGina from Fan My Flame.
Wednesday 10 September 2008
Sunday 7 September 2008
Saturday 6 September 2008
Today I wanted to share with you some trimmings
- buttonfun has some sweet fabric covered buttons
- AmandaSainsbury makes these unusual buttons.
- GoblinsMarket has a good range of hand dyed silk ribbons.
- Truecolorsforyou sell lots of vintage bits and bobs including threads.Seeing this bundle of threads makes me just want to start stitching.
Tuesday 2 September 2008
Here in my sketch book is a drawing of an olive grove in Nice, which was near the Matisse Museum.
The sun was high and the olive grove was welcome shade.
We sat and ate ice creams and this was the view before me.
Now it's dark outside and miserable with rain lashing against the window.
A sketch book is precious memories