Translate

Friday 26 September 2008

Shades Of Purple






We had a very busy time on Wednesday night at my art society.

It was a great opportunity for us all to try out different ideas using texture in our sketch books.


Here you can see I used coloured tissue paper torn and glued down with acrylic paint, inks and pastel worked over the top.

You can see I left some of the underneath papers showing through.

I will develop this further, hopefully!

You can use anything to build up textures, wallpaper, paper towels, sand, plaster the list is endless.

Everyone produced exciting work and all so different.



Here are some purple brooches, as you know it's a colour that features a lot in my work!



My Mum says my bedroom was purple when I was very young, perhaps it is a sort of comfort to me?



6 comments:

Mara Zeitspieler said...

Beautiful work!
Greetings
Mara Zeitspieler

Gina said...

I love your sketchbook page.

'fancypicnic' said...

Hey!! I left a comment for you a couple of days down the page...I've missed reading you these past few days, but I'm catching up now. Touching story about the Somalian girl. xx

hens teeth said...

Hi M,
I do love a bit of texture and colour ....your stchbook page is gorg. So too are the brooches, really lovely.

Sara Millis said...

Oh wow... I love your work, so beautiful!
Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog... I hope to hear from you again.
Sara x

marjo said...

you have beautiful works :)
And I love purple too!