Translate

Monday 8 August 2011

Colourful Landscape

We are off on holiday soon to Italy, so before we go, I thought I would share with you my latest stitching.
I wanted to continue with a large piece again as my mark making is far more gestural on this scale.
The abstraction has developed from an earlier painting, I find it exciting to continue to play with the balance of colour, stitching colour over colour, varying density of threads and leaving areas of loose fine fibers.
This is going to take a very long time so this piece may not make the exhibition, which means I will have to find another place to display it!

10 comments:

Mermaid's Purse said...

It's going to be beautiful and it's wonderful to see how your work has evolved from the tiny pieces!

Anonymous said...

It looks huge! How on earth do you keep track of what you are trying to achieve?

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Hi Mermaid's purse, yes indeed I work in extremes, miniture to the size I am working now!
Hi Rachel,
I have an idea on how I want the piece to feel, it's very instinctive as you never really know how it will develope while you work.Each piece is a discovery you sort of just have to go with the flow.I hope that makes sense?!

cardinal arts said...

wow!! that looks amazing - and so.........big! I bet it is so beautiful in person
have a lovely time in Italy!

Robin Olsen said...

How exciting to see you working on this scale! A huge canvas does change your marks so much and forces a loosening up. I'm eager to see the direction this goes in.

Gina said...

Gosh that really is large. It will look fabulous. Enjoy Italy... we'll be there in a week.

Anonymous said...

Even the tantalising glimpse looks wonderful. Looking forward to seeing more of this.

Acornmoon said...

This is such a brave piece of work, taking on something on this scale takes great courage and skill. I am sure you have both qualities in equal measure.

Jane said...

this is just amazing!
what a huge project you have set yourself.

Threadpainter said...

Amazingly large ! You are very brave and have certainly challenged yourself !