Translate

Thursday 26 March 2009

There Is Magic In Trees






Hello,
I found out yesterday that my children's school Easter holidays do not co inside with the school I work at!
I don't know why I hadn't picked up on it, head in the clouds as usual!
They break up a week earlier than me, luckily I'm part time so we can work round it, also my husband is still looking for work so at least he can be around too.
You do have to look at the positives!
I have been working on these brooches and a significant commission which I can't share with you yet, but hope to in the not too distant future.
I have used black as the back ground for the pink and orange tree, it was originally a woollen jumper.
The vintage machine embroidery threads are made by Schurer , the colours are so vibrant, I can't wait to try them out.
I do hope you're having a good week, we have had sunshine and showers today.
Looking out the window, our Magnolia tree is just coming into bud, a few more days of sunshine and those tulip like flowers will be open.
I will be waiting with my sketch book...

10 comments:

Gina said...

The pinks in the trees are so pretty.

Lynn Cohen said...

Love all the new trees. Congrats on the commission. Good luck with job hunt for DH and have fun with the kids on break!

Victoria said...

I like your positive outlook, and I agree, there is magic in trees, and your lovely artwork reinforces that belief. Growing up we had a Magnolia tree outside our kitchen window. It was the most beautiful tree when in bloom. Enjoy!

Melody said...

Beautiful pieces!

Carol said...

Both pieces look beautiful in different ways. The green/pink one looks so feminine and the black/pink one very dramatic.

Alexandra said...

They are so beautiful xx

Nellie's Needles said...

Yes, there is magic in your lovely trees.

Tangled Stitch said...

These are beautiful. Good luck with your commission!

gunnelsvensson said...

Beautiful pieces as usaual! I like the threads, wonderful colours. You asked me what I have in my vintage wooden box; I have fabric scraps there and my threads are here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gunnels/242250803/in/set-72157594270470479/
Have a nice wekeend !!

silverpebble said...

I love this blossom tree - such a subtle pink. Hope the Easter headache resolves itself! I'll be looking forward to your new commission...