Translate

Wednesday 27 May 2009

Wearable Art




It's been cold and wet here today and it's been one of those day's that don't quite go according to plan!
Firstly, I get a call from our local leisure centre to say are you coming to do ' crafty kids' ?
Maybe I had made a mistake, I have been busy.
They had six children waiting, so I cancel my plans and jump in the car, luckily it's just around the corner, it turns out they had forgotten to book me.
We made giant butterflies and paper puppets on straws, talk about quick thinking!

Then I rush home to drop my children off at the cinema, to see 'Night at the Museum'.
I only just get back home and get a call from my daughter, to say they couldn't get in as it was fully booked.

Oh dear, so it was back in the car to pick them up again.
So I have not managed much sewing today.

I did finish this brooch last night, it looks great on my black coat, it's for the exhibition but now I want to keep it !
I hope your having a good week.x
P.S
I ordered some more moo postcards, family and friends had most of the last lot!
So I am listing more on etsy.

15 comments:

Gina said...

Don't you hate it when things don't go according to plan. Brooch looks good though.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

What a busy day! Hope you find some "me" time to relax this evening!

I can see why you want to keep your brooch, it does look good on your coat!

Sandie said...

What a day you have had and it isn't even Friday 13th. I managed to order some of your wonderful postcards, can't wait to receive them.
I hope you have a lovely relaxing evening with your sewing.

Love the brooch by the way.

meplusmolly said...

Gosh what a busy yo-yo day!
Can't wait to see your new cards, the ones in the sold(!) section of your etsy shop looked v v lovely! ;0 x

The Weaver of Grass said...

We all have days like that sometimes. Love the brooch.

The WestCountryBuddha said...

Oh goodness what a day! We could always put a red dot on your brooch you know! Hope today is better especially this afternoon !!

Bettina said...

Oh,that is the lovely work!!!!!

Karen said...

oh I hate days like that, they are definitely sent to try us1

Melody said...

Brooch is gorgeous! What a crazy day...time to put on the kettle

Anonymous said...

I guess you had a happy mother's day...I have those most weeks but I'm still happy to be available to my girls. I hope tomorrow is an easier day.
XO

Art4Sol said...

Some days are just like that...it seems you managed wonderfully.

Judy Scott said...

having a restful weekend? love the brooch ~ Judy x

Jackie said...

Very gorgeous work..despite the hitches. I must say I think you are a saint doing lessons in Half term!!!

aiman said...

i love the brooches...beautiful and intricate!

Our Hands For Hope said...

These badges remind me of my Girl Scout days. I loved my badges!
Are these done with machine and hand?
Congrats on the magazine!
Terisa