Translate

Saturday 9 May 2009

A Magic Land





My colours this week have filtered from one piece to another.
Firstly my winged creature which initially inspired my colour pallet, it started with the shimmering turquoise wings.
Then I moved on to my tree brooch which is a commissioned piece, then following that my landscape.
I have a few more commissioned pieces to finish and then hopefully I can get some painting done.
I hope to bring you Shopping List Saturday tomorrow evening.
Have a great weekend.x

14 comments:

Maggi said...

Love the top piece, it is really moody.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hi, gorgeous work as always. I love the magic land theme. I would love to commission a piece from you some time. Have no pennies at the moment, but maybe I will treat myself soon!! Hope you are well. Have a lovely weekend. Carolyn x

Papermoonies said...

Oh my GAWD
Your work, the amount of work in your pieces, your amazzzzzzing..
Really talented, so happy to find you deary.
I now follow you!!!
oh, Happy Mommy Day!!
Brittany
http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.com

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

A fairy!!!!!!!

Kitty said...

I think that landscape is one of the most beautiful things I've seen. Stunning. x

Maggi said...

Thanks for dropping by and commenting. Yes the fabric was hand dyed - especially for the class.

silverpebble said...

Gorgeous subtle work - so lovely as ever. That little winged creature reminds me of Victorian fairy paintings x

Karen said...

absolutely beautiful work!

Art4Sol said...

Definitely magical!

Bettina said...

Oh,lovelyyyy!Ilove your work!!!!

Gina said...

Love the top photo Kayla - beautiful piece of work. Great soft colours.

Julia said...

Hello again

I am completely in love with your work, your little winged creature is beautiful and the colours are sublime!

Sending love
Julia xxx

Jackie said...

Each one is a subtle beauty.

Acornmoon said...

Your work goes from strength to strength.